When you purchase insurance, you are usually hoping you never have to use it. Nobody wants to deal with turning in a claim if you can avoid it. If a claim does arise upon you, here is a list of a few things that you can do to help speed up the claim process:
- Preserve & Protect your property from further damage
- Save the damaged property until the claim adjuster has seen or inspected it
- Photograph damaged property for your records
- Maintain all documentation to support your business interruption & loss of income, such as inventory records, sales and purchase receipts
- Keep all receipts to support amounts paid for emergency repairs
Have questions on what to do after a claim? Comment, or shoot me an email.